In 2013 we headed to the US to participate in the Iron Butt rally and extended our time over there to take in some of North America’s beautiful scenery.
During the ten week trip we rode about 24,000 miles (just over 10,000 of them during the Iron Butt Rally) through 39 US states and 4 Canadian provinces. We used three sets of tyres and took 11,325 photographs plus 100GB of video.
We wouldn’t have had such a great time without the assistance and hospitality from friends both old and new; thank you all.
Click on the links below to read reports from sections of our trip or start with the first post and use the links in each post to go backwards and forwards through the blog.
- Only in America
- Not Quite to Plan
- Coast to Coast
- Heading North
- Washington DC
- Are We Ready to Dance?
- Iron Butt Rally 2013
- A Little R&R then We’re Off Again
- Toronto and Niagara
- Michigan and Across the Prairie Peninsular
- Arches, Red Sand and Tumbleweed
- Ancient Indians, Red Rocks and Monument Valley…well nearly
- Grand Canyons, Vermillion Cliffs and Pipe Springs
- Red Canyons
- Beartooth Pass to Great Falls
- Glacier and Waterton Lakes Parks
- The Icefields Parkway
- Back to the US
- Mount St Helens to Coos Bay
- Oregon to Northern California
- The Lost Coast
- New Bezels Please!
- Last Leg
- And Finally…